<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d32200820\x26blogName\x3dLIFE+AS+A+MIDDLE+MANN\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://joshpmann.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://joshpmann.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8558834232403584952', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

LIFE AS A MIDDLE MANN

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

I'm Worthless

Apparently I had made a deal with my wife that if she got a new job she was applying for than we would spring for a smartphone like the one I've been using for a while. I had forgotten about this 'deal' until she reminded me. In typical 'mann' fashion we had her new toy in hand no less than 48 hours later (and at 250 less than the retail price). The whole conversation got me thinking about my phone, which is two years old (poor me right? Not really) It's worked great for me, does practically anything (my favorite thing to tell the students is that it can change the channels on the t.v., beat that!) and I've only dropped it 2-3 times. Make that 4. Riding my bike on Sunday God took my phone out of my pocket and slammed it on the ground. I know, I'm thinking the same thing, how rude! My phone wouldn't turn on and I just laughed to myself about the timing of all this...I guess I was getting a new phone after all. The most disappointing fact of all is that I lost all calendar appointments for the past two years and coming months in an instant. My phone has been my brain for a long time now and has my Bible, calendar, info, dates, phone numbers, a cool drug-selling game (just a game :), nonethless still very addicting) etc. Gone! Ouch. I started looking for a phone similar to Becca's but a little cheaper and have gotten close twice now on craigs list but no cigar. One guy said he'd sell it for $50 less than he posted it as, then he wouldn't email me back for a day, then he decided he wanted to keep it, then he said he'd sell it for the original price and now he's not sure again. Another one popped up today but was sold by the time I got to it. You'd think the sad part is that I have yet to land one...no, that is not the sad part although that is unfortunate. The sad part is how worthless, disappointed, and frustrated I have been this week with my mind fixated on what I DON'T have. I can't think about anything else, it's absolutely embarassing. This thing owns me right now and it won't let me go. As I read on a friend's blog, my life is way too comfortable if this is the kind of thing that is causing the most stress in my life. In the meantime here's a picture into my head, the only thing in my head...

  1. Blogger erik w/a "k" | 10:46 AM |  

    can't believe you publicly admitted to playing dope wars (addict). did u get a new one yet...cuz the cingular 8525 (upgrade from mine w/3G) is a sweet phone. mine is too! and dope wars is wayyyy better on mine. (oops, no admittance there).

  2. Blogger oakleyses | 5:18 PM |  

    oakley sunglasses, polo outlet, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, michael kors pas cher, prada handbags, nike outlet, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, christian louboutin shoes, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses wholesale, ugg boots, jordan shoes, ray ban sunglasses, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, chanel handbags, tiffany jewelry, burberry pas cher, nike air max, air max, polo ralph lauren, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, nike roshe, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, prada outlet, christian louboutin uk, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online

  3. Blogger oakleyses | 5:20 PM |  

    true religion jeans, nike tn, replica handbags, burberry handbags, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike air max, coach outlet store online, nike free uk, polo lacoste, nike air force, michael kors outlet, nike blazer pas cher, hollister pas cher, mulberry uk, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, ralph lauren uk, burberry outlet, true religion outlet, nike air max uk, guess pas cher, hollister uk, true religion outlet, new balance, hogan outlet, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, nike roshe run uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors outlet online, kate spade, north face uk, ray ban uk, sac vanessa bruno, lululemon canada, michael kors, nike air max uk, timberland pas cher, sac hermes, coach outlet, uggs outlet, coach purses, ray ban pas cher, michael kors, michael kors outlet online, converse pas cher

  4. Blogger oakleyses | 5:22 PM |  

    herve leger, soccer jerseys, nfl jerseys, north face outlet, iphone cases, oakley, ray ban, instyler, timberland boots, hollister, babyliss, north face outlet, vans, mac cosmetics, ghd hair, mcm handbags, wedding dresses, hermes belt, lancel, insanity workout, gucci, lululemon, longchamp uk, nike air max, ralph lauren, reebok outlet, nike trainers uk, vans outlet, mont blanc pens, bottega veneta, nike roshe run, converse outlet, converse, new balance shoes, soccer shoes, louboutin, celine handbags, hollister, p90x workout, nike huaraches, valentino shoes, nike air max, jimmy choo outlet, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, asics running shoes, abercrombie and fitch, hollister clothing, baseball bats, beats by dre

  5. Blogger oakleyses | 5:23 PM |  

    doudoune moncler, canada goose jackets, toms shoes, karen millen uk, pandora charms, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler outlet, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, pandora jewelry, thomas sabo, supra shoes, canada goose, canada goose, canada goose uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler, moncler uk, coach outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, swarovski, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, ugg uk, ugg, hollister, canada goose outlet

WEIGH IN